- TBUG_Newsletter_2010_03_02.pdfNewsletter 3/2/2010 - Bike Week activities coming up - Gehl Architect lecture coming up - Poll on Bike Racks on Buses - Poll on Edgemarkings on Narrow Roads - Cycle touring with dogs in trailers - Bad road repairs
- TBUG_Newsletter_2010_02_15.pdfBike Week activities etc coming up. Gehl Architects coming to Launceston. Noodles to make cycling safer. West Tamar Hwy report presented and getting results. Invermay Rd sealed. State Govt Walking & Cycling Strategy. Rearview mirror update. Link from Rocherlea Trail to Remount Rd.
- TBUG_Newsletter_2009_12_05.pdfTBUG Newsletter 5/12/09: Nthn Suburbs Route approved, Moonlight Ride, Ride Leaders Please, Active Launceston Expo help please, Sally’s Ride, Launceston Heavy Vehicle Route, Xtracycle Kit and Bike Commute Tips Blog, New Rules for Bikes, rides from Cycling South, Bike Film Festival for Launceston? Welcome member letters going out
TBUG social night
Come along on Friday June 3 for a fun and informative evening - Cycle Tourism at home & abroad - at the Gunners Arms Hotel from 6:00pm for meals with presentations from around 7:30. Speakers Chris Griffin from Tourism North Tas, Malcolm and Vicki Cowan and Di McHenry will talk about cycling in USA and Japan. RSVP to Malcolm Reid email@example.com Or just turn up with lots of friends!
TBUG Voice builds a better bike city
Making Launceston more bike friendly is the key task of the Pedestrian and Bike Committee of Council (PBC). TBUG has two seats on PBC. Thus we have a strong voice in how cycling in Launceston evolves. The two reps are myself and Malcolm Cowan. Follow our reports on the newsletter and let us know if you want anything raised. Malcolm Reid firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Committee Meetings
The Committee meets every third Wednesday at the Newstead Tennis Centre 49 Olive Street, starting at 6.00pm. Every one is welcome to come along even if you dont want a job!!!
"Like" us on Facebook
For current news and events check us out on Facebook - Tamar Bicycle Users Group
Road Rules Relating To Bike Lanes
With new bike lanes and infrastructure being deployed throughout Launceston at the moment, now is a good time brush up on the rules. Below is an excerpt of some of the Road Rules specifically related to cycling. Remember to check www.thelaw.tas.gov.au for more/updat
View Our Events On A Map
In case you're new to the area or are getting lost, you can now view the location of any of our events on a map! Just visit the Calendar page and click on an event to view its details. Read more...
Here you can download copies of our current and past newsletters and newsy emails.
If you would like to be on our mailing list to receive these newsletters and other emails, or if you are already receiving newsletters and would like to end your subscription, visit our automated Subscribe/Unsubscribe page.
If you have any trouble with your subscription or unsubscription, please contact Anna (details on the Contact T-Bug page), who will be happy to help.
The frequency of newsletters depends upon how much news we have to convey. Anna gathers contributions until there seems to be enough, or until an urgent date appears. Usually we send out an email every couple of weeks.
We are always interested to hear about bike things. Contributions of your trip reports, upcoming events, opinions or interesting snippets are welcome in our newsletter.
- T-shirt Offer Deadline Extended, Pedestrian and Bike Committee, Ride Previews
- New TBUG Tshirt, Ride with the Wind, more bike rides
- Active Bike, GWT Challenge, 100km Tamar, Myrtle Park camping, etc
- East coast tour; novice, history and family rides; marshalls needed; bike cleaning; saddle cutouts and recovering
- Membership form 2013, $20 vouchers for ride buddies, help with minutes, spring bike tours, bike maintenance
- Carrick Entally history ride, NE Railtrail (twice), full moon ride, minutes secretary please, get a friend to Ride2Work, swap sell, invisible bike helmet
- TBUG on Road Safety Committee, Inveresk improvements, bicycle songs, Ride2Work Day, bike film BOFA, cardboard bike! and much more
- Spring ride calendar, welcome new committee, Gran Fondo,Great Escapade, bike storage solution,our rights to use road confirmed
- AGM slideshow supper NEXT Thursday,Waverley History Ride next Sunday,Activities Coordinator needed, Bikes at Inveresk, safer gratings
- Winter rides calendar, AGM Thursday 16th August, comment on L'ton Transport Strategy, Bikes for Innovative Energy (please help), winter hints, bike progress...
- rides, updated logo, riding in wet, report litter thrown at cyclists, anklets for visibility, museum bike project, etc
- bike insurance, help finish Kate Reed trails this Sunday,Fish Shop ride and BBQ, lots of new rides coming,bike lanes increase property prices, bike network nearly finished
- Ride Launceston and other trips, Bring & Buy, Black Bridge resurfaced, Bike Futures Conference, edge lines, quick release wheels, TBUG in Cycling Safety Group, new cycling Code of Conduct, etc
- West Tamar Hwy new safety action group, help please with Light Up campaign, remember your lights for end daylight savings!, NE Railtrail, cheap 1st aid training, facebook? etc
- slides tonight, rides tomorrow, family ride Sunday, road bike wanted, tackling Inveresk tram tracks, bike lanes work starting, etc
- Bike Week starts this Sunday, slide night 16th, Active Bike,changing gears, WHAT have council and TBUG been doing?,airport bike boxes, etc
- Rides, Warniegate, bike network improments,progress on railtrails, bike rack giveaway,climate change and peak oil, etc
- Forest Festival ride, 100km Moores Hill Vineyard ride, Forester River ride, safety thoughts, car doorings, Frances Birtles, bus bike racks
- Blessington hard ride this Sunday, family ride and BBQ,history ride, Festivale volunteers please, LCC bike committee,names of bike parts, etc
- Summer rides coming up, bike job available, Forest Festival ride, lubrication, bike for sale,Malcolm on ABC, Tour NZ
- TBUG_Newsletter_2011_11_20.doc - Newsletter
- TBUG_Newsletter_2011_11_2.doc - Newsletter
- TBUG_Newsletter_2011_11_15.doc - Newsletter
- St Lukes Health Intermediate Ride THIS SUNDAY, welcome new committee, 1 in 5 Tasmanians ride each week, more women's bike maintenance, etc
- Beaconsfield path opening,St Lukes Family Ride on Fathers Day, AGM, bike slogan winner,help please, petition, helmets halve head injuries
- Dorset ride this Sunday, new planning scheme, TBUGers around the world, paramedics on bikes, bus-bike, Bic Tas AGM, Ride to Work Day
- Disappointing halt to bike lanes, stay visible,safe distance petition, cycling slogan competition,road bike wanted, moving BIG things
- Sunday Waverley Ride, Cycle Torque specials evening next Thursday, Sheffield ride date change, biking will save the economy, etc
- Full Moon Ride THIS SATURDAY, Evandale Rd improvements, Cycle Torque winter deal, new Tas cyclist website, Melbourne rockets, bike survey findings, etc
- West Tamar Hwy shoulder sealing, Saturday easy ride, Sunday intermediate ride, help with research please, TBUG website updated
- Penquite Rd meeting Wed, Saturday morning easy ride,Sunday Sheffield loop, bike friendly workplaces
- St Lukes Entally House Ride next Sunday, insurance brochure, bike week photos, bus bike racks in Hobart, grant ideas? and MORE
- Clips Award for TBUG, activity list, family ride soon,St Lukes Entally ride, bike racks map, safety gear for sale,crazy downhill in Chile and MORE
- Bike Week events, Coffee Ride on Sunday,Gehl Architects for Launceston, bike count numbers up, Penquite Rd Peer Review and MORE
- More regular social rides, overnight tour, Normanstone Rd, Active Bike, Bike Week flyer, help with stall please and MUCH MORE
- Low Head beach ride this Sunday, TBUG Google Group, Normanstone Rd, Artbikes, ride calendar and more
- WT Hwy submission, bikes wanted, website help please, bike-friendly employers? Flinders I cycletour and MORE
- West Tamar Hwy, Amy's Ride, bikes on buses trial, summer cycling carnivals, Sydney cycleways
- Summer rides, West Tamar Hwy, better TBUG membership for families, Hit & Run, Dorset Bug, Bike Hwys
- Festivale bike parking, pre-Christmas morning ride, great St Lukes family ride, etc
- Longford ride this Sunday, Greens Beach next Saturday, new Dorset BUG, Peter's ride trip review, Mini Cooper bike
- Longford Ride, Greens Beach Ride,St Lukes Rocherlea Railtrail Family Ride,helmet theory cracked, no more helmet hair and MORE
- Metro buses, Peter’s Spring Ride, bike deal from Cycle Torque, ABC Giving Tree Ride, lights and rack for sale, seeking Carrick rider, and more
- Full Moon Ride, Vineyard Picnic Ride,Spring 5 Day Ride details, Tamar V Cycle Challenge,Ride to Work Day PRIZES
- Evandale Ride this Sunday, Vineyard Picnic Ride,please come dressed up for Ride to Work Day, vintage helmets,economic value of bike parking, etc
- History Ride this Sunday, bike count, regional bike route for comment, MTB trackwork, folding helmets, lots of rides
- Legana ride on Saturday, History Ride, Great Rickshaw Ride,Active Bike, Penquite Rd, West Tamar Hwy, Bike Art and more
- Newsletter - Penquite Rd, Bike Lanes, AGM, Bike Maintenance Workshop, Full Moon Ride, New Committee, great rides coming up.
- - New bike lanes - road rules, -our AGM, - Beaconsfield path, - grant, - rides coming up, - bike peak hour in Utrecht
- Launceston arterial routes; Bike Parking Map; BMX area comments please; Woolmers Ride; Calendars;
- Upcoming AGM Committee activities Arterial routes ride Hagley 45km ride Full Moon ride BMX area ideas Beaconsfield-Beauty Pt path Bike Touring Basics eBook Bike Joke Knitted Bike Melbourne Bike Hire
- Newsletter 15/5/10 - Rides coming up - Discount breakfasts - Riding on footpaths - Ideas for bike stands, locks and winter riding - New book on rides of Tas
- Newsletter 18/4/10 - Upcoming rides inc. Hillwood family ride and St Lukes Rosevale Ride. - Bike lights review - Ride reports - etc
- Progress on the West Tamar Hwy. Recent rides and more coming up. Dutch Gazelle bike. Understanding cyclists article by Jack Edwards. Bike Week feedback. Winners of free helmets. Brisbane Cycle Centre opened.
- State Bike Week, including launch, Ride Launceston and upcoming activities. David Bartlett announced pledges for cycling infrastructure if Labour re-elected. Active Bike program. Ways to separate bikes from cars.
- Newsletter 3/2/2010 - Bike Week activities coming up - Gehl Architect lecture coming up - Poll on Bike Racks on Buses - Poll on Edgemarkings on Narrow Roads - Cycle touring with dogs in trailers - Bad road repairs
- Bike Week activities etc coming up. Gehl Architects coming to Launceston. Noodles to make cycling safer. West Tamar Hwy report presented and getting results. Invermay Rd sealed. State Govt Walking & Cycling Strategy. Rearview mirror update. Link from Rocherlea Trail to Remount Rd.
- TBUG Newsletter 5/12/09: Nthn Suburbs Route approved, Moonlight Ride, Ride Leaders Please, Active Launceston Expo help please, Sally’s Ride, Launceston Heavy Vehicle Route, Xtracycle Kit and Bike Commute Tips Blog, New Rules for Bikes, rides from Cycling South, Bike Film Festival for Launceston? Welcome member letters going out
- Newsletter 12/11/09
- Newsletter 23/10/09
- Newsletter 10/10/09
- File Description
- Newsletter 23/9/09
- Newsletter 29/8/09
- Newsletter 19/6/09
- Newsletter 12/6/09
- Newsletter 20/5/09