- TBUG_Membership_Form_2010_11_V7.pdfTBUG Membership Form 2010-2011
- 2010-02-24_WT_Hwy_Report_Final.pdfWest Tamar Highway and Rosevears Drive Safety Audit Review and Cyclist Survey. This document is a review of the 2001 Road Safety Audit of the same name, and was created out of concern for cyclist safety as both cycling participation and vehicle traffic along the West Tamar Highway have increased since 2001.
- TBUG_Newsletter_2009_08_29.pdfNewsletter 29/8/09
- TBUG_Newsletter_2009_09_23.pdfNewsletter 23/9/09
- TBUG_Newsletter_2009_10_10.pdfNewsletter 10/10/09
- TBUG_Newsletter_2009_10_23.pdfNewsletter 23/10/09
- TBUG_Newsletter_2009_11_12.pdfNewsletter 12/11/09
- TBUG_Newsletter_2009_10_05.pdfFile Description
- TBUG_Newsletter_2009_06_19.pdfNewsletter 19/6/09
- TBUG_Newsletter_2009_06_12.pdfNewsletter 12/6/09
- TBUG_Newsletter_2009_05_20.pdfNewsletter 20/5/09
- Cycling to Work Mythbusters.pdfCycling to Work Mythbusters
In Tasmania, cyclists can make hook turns at all intersections unless signage prohibits hook turns by bicycles. When turning right at an intersection, you have the option of making a hook turn (from the left lane), rather than making a normal right turn. A hook turn may be more convenient on some roads with heavy traffic where it is difficult to cross into a right hand turning lane. When making a hook turn, you must obey all traffic laws such as only proceeding on a green light and givin
"Like" us on Facebook
For current news and events check us out on Facebook - Tamar Bicycle Users Group
Road Rules Relating To Bike Lanes
With new bike lanes and infrastructure being deployed throughout Launceston at the moment, now is a good time brush up on the rules. Below is an excerpt of some of the Road Rules specifically related to cycling. Remember to check www.thelaw.tas.gov.au for more/updat
View Our Events On A Map
In case you're new to the area or are getting lost, you can now view the location of any of our events on a map! Just visit the Calendar page and click on an event to view its details. Read more...
Updated Road Rules For Cyclists
On 30 November 2009 there will be some changes to the road rules for cyclists. The changes are about bicycle passengers wearing an approved helmet and using the proper seat, and for cyclists turning from, and stopping in, bicycle storage areas at intersections with traffic signals. Read more on the DIER website below.
Sally's Ride Huge Success
Sally Fletcher and the Rotary team organised a fantastic event. Apparently
the number of participants (340) exceeded expectations (200-250). It was
great fun. We're looking forward to doing the Tamar Valley Cycle Challenge every year!
To find T-Bug's contact details, visit the Contact T-Bug page.
To talk with other cyclists, visit our T-Bug web forums.
We send out news and calendars of activities to our subscription list, usually about once a fortnight. There may be occasional other urgent emails. If you'd like to receive our emails, subscribe here.
Some other useful bike websites and links include:
- Tasmanian Bicycle Council www.tasbicyclecouncil.org.au
- General Tasmanian cycling info (new site) http://tasmaniancyclist.com.au
- Cycling Tasmania www.tas.cycling.org.au
- Bicycle Tasmania www.biketas.org.au
- Launceston Mountain Bike Club www.lmbc.com.au
- Bicycle Victoria www.bv.com.au
- Cycling South www.cyclingsouth.org
Surveying cyclists about the West Tamar Highway.