- 2010-02-24_WT_Hwy_Report_Final.pdfWest Tamar Highway and Rosevears Drive Safety Audit Review and Cyclist Survey. This document is a review of the 2001 Road Safety Audit of the same name, and was created out of concern for cyclist safety as both cycling participation and vehicle traffic along the West Tamar Highway have increased since 2001.
- TBUG_Newsletter_2009_08_29.pdfNewsletter 29/8/09
- TBUG_Newsletter_2009_09_23.pdfNewsletter 23/9/09
- TBUG_Newsletter_2009_10_10.pdfNewsletter 10/10/09
- TBUG_Newsletter_2009_10_23.pdfNewsletter 23/10/09
- TBUG_Newsletter_2009_11_12.pdfNewsletter 12/11/09
- TBUG_Newsletter_2009_10_05.pdfFile Description
- TBUG_Newsletter_2009_06_19.pdfNewsletter 19/6/09
- TBUG_Newsletter_2009_06_12.pdfNewsletter 12/6/09
- TBUG_Newsletter_2009_05_20.pdfNewsletter 20/5/09
- Cycling to Work Mythbusters.pdfCycling to Work Mythbusters
Council says yes to bike strategy
The adoption of this detailed and comprehensive plan to promote bike riding was the culmination of around two years determined and effective lobbying of Council staff and councillors by TBUG mainly through the Bike and Pedestrian Committee of Council(PBC). Of course the real work is making the vision a reality. Much of this will happen via the PBC which has two places for TBUG and another for Bicycle Network. This puts us in a very good position to help build a more bike friendly city.
Upcoming Committee Meetings
The Committee meets every third Wednesday at the Newstead Tennis Centre 49 Olive Street, starting at 6.00pm. Every one is welcome to come along even if you dont want a job!!!
What you think of TBUG
TBUG should keep doing more of the same, according to 97 people who completed our online TBUG survey.
Key feedback included:
- advocacy for better cycling facilities and organising rides are seen as the most important TBUG services;
- there is strong interest in bike maintenance courses.
The full survey results are available here
"Like" us on Facebook
For current news and events check us out on Facebook - Tamar Bicycle Users Group
Road Rules Relating To Bike Lanes
With new bike lanes and infrastructure being deployed throughout Launceston at the moment, now is a good time brush up on the rules. Below is an excerpt of some of the Road Rules specifically related to cycling. Remember to check www.thelaw.tas.gov.au for more/updat
View Our Events On A Map
In case you're new to the area or are getting lost, you can now view the location of any of our events on a map! Just visit the Calendar page and click on an event to view its details. Read more...
To find T-Bug's contact details, visit the Contact T-Bug page.
We send out news and calendars of activities to our subscription list, usually about once a fortnight. There may be occasional other urgent emails. If you'd like to receive our emails, subscribe here.
Some other useful bike websites and links include:
- Tasmanian Bicycle Council www.tasbicyclecouncil.org.au
- General Tasmanian cycling info (new site) http://tasmaniancyclist.com.au
- Cycling Tasmania www.tas.cycling.org.au
- Bicycle Tasmania www.biketas.org.au
- Launceston Mountain Bike Club www.lmbc.com.au
- Bicycle Victoria www.bv.com.au
- Cycling South www.cyclingsouth.org
Surveying cyclists about the West Tamar Highway.